1. The first step is to decide what job you like to have, whether it is a logistics manager jobs or logistics analyst jobs. Make up your mind what kind of job you would like to do.
2. If you already have decided and you feel that you would like to deal with logistics in your career, then make sure to attain at least a high-school diploma and be sure to take some marketing and business classes when you have the opportunity to get a head-start on your college education.
3. Search for a good college or university that has a degree program that deals with logistics and distribution management. You should also take classes like accounting, marketing and other business subjects that will help you in your course.
4. Finish your bachelor's degree in Logistics Management and obtain knowledge in a minor field related to any business topics such as marketing, accounting, inventory planning, or business management.
5. It would be better to participate in internship programs or do some part-time jobs to gain experience in the fields of logistics. It would be good for your resume to have a lot of experiences.
6. Search all of the possible places to work while looking for a job. You can look at newspaper ads or advertisements or even search the internet to find all possible logistics manager vacancies.
7. Make sure to understand the job descriptions for the different vacancies. Logistics manager jobs, also called distribution managers, oversee or supervise the distribution, transportation and storage of goods and services and ensure that the customers, whether it is suppliers or consumers are satisfied. They are in charge of everything that is happening in between the manufacturer or producer and consumer. This includes the acquisition of materials, production, and transportation up until distribution to the customers themselves. Logistics analyst jobs deal with the planning and coordination of logistics operations of a company. They have to study and analyze operations such as acquisition of raw materials, distribution and packaging of products and the handling of products by personnel.
8. Once you find some logistics manager vacancies, submit your resume that includes all your experiences in relation to logistics management. Apply for managerial positions as well as entry-level positions.
9. Prepare for interviews and think about and study out all of the possible questions that will be asked of you. Know your strengths and weaknesses and your career goals in life.
10. Follow-up with companies that have logistics manager vacancies and apply to all possible companies available.
Also bear in mind the skills and requirements needed for the position. Jobs responsibilities of a logistics manager include analyzing logistical problems and providing solutions, as well as managing the whole logistics team.
Being a logistics manager, you should have an extensive logistics management experience with specific experience concerning project management. You should also have the ability to communicate with others effectively since you will have to deal with other people involved in your team or department. Ability to speak English is a good pre-requisite. You should also possess the ability to solve analytical troubleshooting and other problem solving/solution skills. Good time management skills are also a must and you must be able to prioritize projects and do multi-tasking effectively. The ability to understand complex technical information and convert this information to business concepts is also a must and you should also be able to do up-to-date and clear documentation of all the operations done.
Candidates that have a bachelor's degree in logistics and other related fields is a plus and even better if you have 5 or more years of experience in logistics or distribution management and other related business fields. Someone that is computer literate and knows the basic Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is preferred.
On the other hand, being a logistics analyst, you have to have a solid foundation and understanding of financial statements, transport logistics, corporate policy and other important regulatory laws. Excellent management skills and effective multi-tasking is also needed.
Candidates should have a bachelor's degree in logistics but this is not always the case. It is important for an analyst to have a creative-thinking and problem solving ability. It is better to have 3-5 years experience in the industry for you to know the logistics operations precisely.
By following the steps above, you will be able to find a lot of lot of job opportunities concerning logistics manager jobs and logistics analyst jobs. There are a lot of logistics manager vacancies you can find if you patiently search for them.
If you are looking for other jobs, you should go to LogisticsCrossing.com wherein you can find a lot of job listings. There are thousands of jobs available so don't forget to sign up for a FREE TRIAL today!